OpenC3 COSMOS 5.1.1 - Modern, Production Ready, Command and Control
Welcome to OpenC3 COSMOS 5.1.1!
This release is quick patch release to address the following:
Highlighted Improvements In This Release
- ScriptRunner scripts can now handle unicode characters
- Updated TextLogMicroservice to ensure a clean shutdown
Key Bug Fixes
- Updated openc3.bat and openc3_util.bat to fix some issues on Windows with cli, cliroot, and util scripts
All Pull Requests in this Release
- Windows cli use .env file by @ryanmelt in #272
- Clean shutdown for TextLogMicroservice. Don’t enforce time ordering for text logs by @ryanmelt in #274
- Handle UTF8 strings better when JSON encoding by @ryanmelt in #276
Prerequisites: Docker - Running OpenC3 requires a working Docker or Podman installation. Typically Docker Desktop on Windows / Mac. Plain Docker or Podman also works on linux. We actively develop and run with Docker Desktop on Mac/Windows, and Linux on Raspberry Pi, so if you have any issues on another platform, please let us know by submitting a ticket!
Minimum Resources allocated to Docker: 4GB RAM, 1 CPU, 80GB Disk Recommended Resources allocated to Docker: 16GB RAM, 2+ CPUs, 100GB Disk Also requires docker compose version 1.27+
- git clone https://github.com/openc3/cosmos-project.git cosmos-myproject
- cd cosmos-myproject
- Run Linux/Mac: ./openc3.sh run
- Run Windows: openc3.bat run
- Connect a web browser to http://localhost:2900/
- Have fun running OpenC3 COSMOS!
Please see our documentation at https://openc3.com
Try it out and let us know what you think! Please submit any issues as Github tickets, or any generic feedback to email@example.com.
Full Changelog: Changelog